Thursday, October 29, 2009

Protecting Dorothy Final

The Lion turned back to see that Dorothy had trouble climbing the steep incline. He bounded back down and in front of her. The terribe Khalidahs could be heard crashing through the thick brush nearby. "Go Dorothy!" roared the Lion. The Scarecrow and Tin man turned back to see the Lion, growling towards the the crashes that grew ever closer. "Get her to safety," cried the Lion to his friends.

"No," said Dorothy. She started to climb back down the root she had been using to climb up. "You won't face them alone Lion."

"I'm not alone," said the Lion. "Not anymore. I will hold them off. I will fight them here and protect you. I'll fight to the death if I have to. Go please," he begged.

A strong metal arm reached down the embankment and pulled the little girl up. She yelled in protest. It was too late, and the terrible Khalidahs came sprinting into the clearing.



Click on the image for a larger view.

2 comments:

  1. I may not always tell you this every day, but I am so proud of you every minute of the day! I'm your greatest fan :) I can't wait for the day you read your story to our kids :)
    Lil Bear xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how little toto is right there beside the lion.

    ReplyDelete